Crops that contain oilseeds are highly regarded as essential and prosperous due to their economic value. They are grown throughout the world despite the ongoing challenge of heavy metal stress, which limits the growth of these crops. This type of seed is utilized primarily as an edible oil for cooking oil, biofuel, and pharmaceutical applications.
What Edible Oils Are Derived From Oilseed Crops?
This specific type of seed brings about an abundance of different vegetable oils, some of which include but are not limited to:
- Sunflower – Regarded as one of the most commonly used oils around the world, it presents itself with light yellow coloring and is applied mainly for cooking purposes. Its specific utilizations are for roasting and frying. However, it is worth noting it can be combined with other oils and can be used for salad as well.
- Soybean – This oil is very versatile and can be utilized in many ways. Two examples are as a dressing for salad and as a key component in roasting. It possesses a neutral taste as well as a light color.
- Canola – This diverse oil can be utilized for cooking and to prevent your pans from becoming sticky. Similar to sunflower oil, it possesses a light yellow color as well.
What is Oilseed Used For?
Many industries manage to utilize oilseed for a variety of purposes. Some of the industries that utilize this specific seed include:
- Pharmaceutical – Due to the range of healthy fatty acids that oilseeds possess, they are utilized as dietary supplements and in pharmaceutical products.
- Agricultural – Oilseed crops are also used for agricultural purposes, such as livestock feed. They are fed to cattle and livestock to provide a high-protein meal.
- Biofuel – Many oilseed crops are used to produce biodiesel, providing a renewable, biodegradable, and non-toxic alternative to standard biodiesel.
Looking For Solvents to Extract Oil From Crops like Oilseeds?
Then you have come to the right place! Extraction Grade Solvents offer a variety of extraction solvents that are efficient, cost-effective, and environmentally conscious. If you would like to get in touch with us to find the best product for your business, you can click here to reach out to our specialists. Reach out to us today!