Solvents Uses Across Industries
Solvents are capable of extracting necessary compounds out of different materials, and there are various types of solvents. Not all of the following benefits are true to every solvent and every end product, but rather are common themes to be picked up on that help to explain why many products require solvents in their production. The ability for solvents to have such a widespread demand across different industries is due to functions and properties such as:
- Dissolving components to formulate a specific product.
- Allowing formulations to have more uniformity and precision.
- Helping with precision and uniformity in end-products.
- Altering product consistencies.
- Providing resistance and durability to harsh environments.
- Removing impurities
- Maximizing function
- Odor reduction
- Controlling consistency
- Creating ideal appearance and decoration
- Vivid coloration and pigmentation
- Adhesion and binding abilities
- Moisture control
Common Industries That Use Solvents
Throughout an array of industries, solvents play an impressive number of roles in the formation of different products. Some uses may be more common than you think for everyday households and industrial items. Solvents are commonly seen in the fields of:
- Engineering: Rubber, Plastics
- Construction: Paints Textiles
- Automotive: Engine Coolants, Proper brake operation, Screen washing fluids
- Cannabis: Food Products, Oil Products
- Medicine: Pharmaceutical Industry
- Personal Care: Cosmetics, Toiletries, Clothing
- Cleaning Products: Degreasers
- Ink: Printing, Coating
- Agriculture: Food, Pesticides
Are These Your Products?
Extraction Grade Solvents provides a range of services and solvent products that are likely to be of use in your production methods! We are happy to assist you with your needs, and our expert team of consultants is likely to know more about what solvent needs may look like within your industry. You can shop our products here or for more information about our products and services contact us here!