What is Extraction?
Extraction is a process that is normally purely chemical. The extraction process consists of separating a substance from something else, for use elsewhere. Extraction processes can produce liquid or powder extracts which can be used in many different industries and made into products consumers may use in their homes. Extraction involves usually one or two components that are separated into powder or liquid extracts. Commonly there is liquid-liquid extraction, liquid-solid extraction, and sometimes liquid-gas extraction called absorption.
For extraction purposes, most processes use liquid-liquid or liquid-solid extractions. When it comes to extraction there are many arguments on which method is best, and the consensus is ethanol extraction. This is because of its safety, cost, and how easy it is to use overall. This method is commonly used in cannabis extraction.
Uses of Extraction
Using liquid-liquid and liquid-solid extraction methods creates a multitude of extracts. These extracts are used in everyday uses. Common uses of extraction are:
- Herbal Supplements
- Food Industry Uses
In the modern-day, there are always new methods appearing to make extraction more efficient. They all vary in uses but are found to be useful for multiple kinds of extraction uses:
- Solvent Extraction:
- Hexane, Chloroform, Benzene, and other solvents are used to help the extraction process along. You can shop these products on our website here.
- Microwave-Assisted Extraction:
- This method utilizes energy from the microwave to create heat and interact with the substance being extracted.
- Ultrasound Extraction:
- This method can take less time than solvent extraction. It helps change the overall transfer rate of the substance during extraction.
- Superficial Fluid Extraction:
- This modern method of extraction helps work with essential oil extraction. This extraction method focuses on carbon dioxide which is low pressure and temperature. This helps isolate therapeutic substances from plants.
Shopping for Extraction Solvents?
At Extraction Grade Solvents we pride ourselves in providing solvents that assist in the modern method of solvent extraction. For more information about the solvents, we provide and to answer any other questions you may have, contact us here!