Food-grade solvents are those that are utilized in a variety of food-related processes. They are generally safe for consumption and can be used as some of the following:
Other than this industry, these solvents are also used in these industries:
What Is The Most Common Food Grade Solvent?
Food-grade ethanol is regarded as one of the most popular solvents by many industries. This is due to this graded solvent possessing the following characteristics:
- High Purity
- Absence Of Additives
- Being Safe For Consumption
- Being Very Versatile In Applications
Is Food Grade Ethanol Safe?
Ethanol is considered to be a food ingredient and is regulated by the FDA. On top of that, it is classified as a Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) product. It does not fall under the description of a hazardous chemical and is even regarded as environmentally friendly.
What are some of the uses of ethanol?
- Oil and flavor extraction – It is a popular extraction solvent because of its ability to extract both water and oil-soluble substances. It is used to successfully extract certain flavors as well.
- Cleaning applications – It is also known for its cleaning and sanitizing properties.
- Perfume and cosmetic additives – In addition. It is a common additive in these products. This is because of its ability to mix oils and its quick evaporation after being placed on the skin.
- Preservative – In various products, such as food and antimicrobial products, this chemical is relied on to extend the shelf life of the product.
Interested In Extraction Solvents Like Food Grade Ethanol?
Extraction Grade Solvents provide a selection of high-quality extraction solvents. We focus on prioritizing environmental preservation and efficient extraction processes. You may browse our selection of products here, or reach out to the specialized staff here for assistance in finding the best product for your business needs.