It can be confusing to distinguish between CBD and hemp. This is especially true when the term “hemp oil” is used to reference cannabidiol oil. However, despite this, these two oils are very different.
Each of them comes from different parts of the cannabis sativa plant and has its results.
Hemp extraction vs CBD extraction
Hemp oil is derived from the seeds of the cannabis sativa plant, which possess specific compounds that can be both medically and nutritionally beneficial. It also lacks CBD and THC. Hemp oil has many different uses from the oil, it can be mistaken for. Some of these uses can include:
- As a culinary additive or nutritional supplement
- In the manufacturing of clothing and textiles.
- In the paint and varnish industries
How is the oil extracted?
The extraction of hemp oil involves cold pressing the seeds from the hemp plant. This means that the seeds are crushed or pressurized to release the oil from them.
Cannabidiol oil, on the other hand, is extracted from the stalks, leaves, and flowers of the cannabis sativa plant. Cannabidiol also interacts with the body and our regulatory systems very differently than hemp oil. It is also used significantly more for medicinal purposes. Some of the uses and effects of this oil can include:
- Special anti-inflammatory properties make it an ideal treatment for inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. These anti-inflammatory properties even extend to skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- To aid patients suffering from certain neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s.
- A very positive effect on mental health disorders, such as depression.
How is CBD oil extracted?
The process of Cannabidiol extraction is very different from hemp extraction, commonly utilizing supercritical carbon dioxide to separate the oil from the plant material. Its extraction processes focus heavily on yielding a high percentage of cannabidiol without disrupting the chemical composition.
Interested in solvents for hemp or CBD oil extraction?
Extraction Grade Solvents provides a selection of environmentally conscious and highly effective solvents formulated specifically for extraction applications. If you are looking for the best product for your extraction business, you can check out our product page here! You can also reach out to EGS staff here for assistance in finding the ideal product for you!