What is BHO Extraction?
Extraction is the process of separating substances. This can be done using certain solvents or chemicals that are useful in extraction. One example of this kind of extraction is referred to as BHO extraction. BHO stands for butane hash oil and describes the process of producing an extract of cannabis using the solvent butane. This can also be referring to the process of butane honey oil which is a very similar process for butane extraction. Here are a few properties of this important solvent in the extraction process.
- Fossil fuel
The most important part about this extraction process is to begin with high quality cannabis. This is what ensures that you end up with a good product. It is also important to use high quality butane because the residual butane can cause more health risks. This is also why it is important to go through the extraction process thoroughly to make sure there are not any residual contaminants after extracting your product.
BHO Extraction Procedure
The steps for BHO extraction are as follows:
- Starting material
- Breakdown of high quality cannabis (often done using grinder/breaking up with hands and placing into the glass material column used for blasting with solvent)
- Solvent addition
- Addition of butane packed into the glass column that the cannabis was put into
- Solvent Chilled to pass through starting material which releases THC from plant matter
- Vacuum sealed container used to purge excess solvent from the finished product
- Ethanol can be used to further filtrate to make sure it is more pure
Looking for high quality butane for extraction purposes? Extraction Grade Solvents offers high quality butane and other solvents that can be used in the extraction and purification process. Contact us today to hear from our team of chemical experts on all of your solvent needs!